Journal Entry #391
March 26th, 2011
I try and have discussions with as many people as possible who make claims whether they be religious or otherwise and believe me religious people are not the only ones making claims that need to be challenged. Another large group of people and I am generalizing are people who subscribe to the idea of truth seekers. I find that they offer the same terrible arguments and intellectual dishonesty in the verification of their claims.
Trading one delusion for another does not make the claim any more valid but I find people feel that it does. I have found people say that believing in god is ridiculous but then they will claim some sort of spirituality or another false claim that has no bearing in reality. I take the same approach with all claims by asking for verifiable evidence and the responses I get are very similar, all you have to do is substitute the delusions.
Keep in mind that I am very honest in my approach and I base things on credible evidence. I have no problem with exploring new concepts but I believe I can spot the nonsense very quickly.
Some recent examples and at no time have they actually offered any evidence but have used several tactics to avoid any verification of the claim;
- Gary. Firstly, neither am I religious nor ‘faithful’, as you call it. I have simply expanded my consciousness thus raising my awareness.
-The mainstream (media, science, etc) NEVER, EVER, EVER discloses the truth about scientific achievements, human origins of life, spirituality or medicine. Only the parasites in charge are privy to this knowledge, sad to say
- If you fail to learn from our conversation and feel I am talking nonsense then that kind of proves that you are the one with the closed mind.
- The very fact that you ask for physical proof proves to me that you lack spiritual insight. How then can I give you proof?
-. Unfortunately, it appears to me that it is You who lacks the insight and wisdom to grow, at least at this current moment.
-My way of thinking allows for no limitations, only for growth, development, insight and wisdom. I don’t mean to say that I have the answers to everything, I am merely saying that I am convinced to be on the right path, even if I am still at the beginning. Try looking for answers within, Gary, things will become so much clearer. For as long as you seek the truth externally, you will not find it
- I have given you tons of information to work with but you still refuse to see it.
-I will repeat myself here, I have plenty of evidence that satisfies me, in accordance with my own intuition and understanding….the question is will it satisfy YOU? My guess is No because, as I said, you strike me as someone who will never have enough proof, you will always debunk and you will always have more questions than answers…until you broaden your understanding of things. I cannot get anymore straight forward than that.
- So far you are the first who called me ‘all over the place’ but this I put down to your lack of understanding on these issues.
- What would be the point in me explaining spirituality to you? You wouldn’t understand a thing, you have proven this to me. Instead why don’t you try to discover your OWN spirituality and then converse with me again about this?
- Of course there is more to spirituality than what I mentioned so far, but not much point in discussing it with someone who doesn’t want to understand it and is just looking to debunk.
- It is yet again, that you just don’t seem to get what I am saying to you. I told you before that spirituality cannot be measured or proven with conventional methods.
- Your attempt at research is therefore preposterous. A good source of research on the subject of psyche/soul is Carl Gustav Jung, if you can be bothered to check that out.
- Remember what I said about people like you always being left with more questions? This kind of proves my point. There is nothing further I can give you, start looking within and ask the right questions. That’s when the answers will come to you…or as you call it…Proof. Beyond this, please don’t ask me to verify anything else as I believe I have provided enough by now.
I try real hard to have a conversation but when people use tactics as demonstrated above constantly focusing on deflecting any responsibility for their position. How can one have a conversation? How can we even get to a point where we are actually seeking the truth?
It often appears that I am blamed because I do not agree with what is presented so it is now my fault that I just cannot possibly understand what they are trying to tell me. Of course there usually has not been one bit of evidence presented that can be tested or verified. I am open to speculation and exploring but bullshit is bullshit.